IronWing Collectables Stadium Risers — A Surprisingly Damn Good Way to Make More Room for Your Figures
For our anniversary in 2026, Desi sent me some money to get something for myself. At first, naturally, my brain went straight toward action figures. Four Horsemen had an in-stock sale going on, 5K Toys had a few big expensive figures I'd been eyeing, and believe me, there was no shortage of shit I could have spent that money on.
2026 has been a pretty lean year for me financially, and I've been seriously cutting back on figure purchases. But, I didn't want Desi's anniversary gift to just get swallowed up by the rest of my collection- just another figure added to a collection of over 1000.
I've already got over a hundred figures sitting here waiting to be unboxed and reviewed. If I bought another handful of figures, five years from now I'd probably be standing there looking at my shelves going, "Okay, was that Ogre my anniversary gift, or was it the troll? Wait... maybe it was the horse and knight. Fuck, I don't remember."
Nope.
I wanted something that would actually stand out as *the anniversary gift*. Something I'd use regularly and remember where it came from every time I used it.
That's what led me to IronWing Collectables.
Instead of buying more figures, I ended up spending the $200 Desi gave me on an Octopus Flight Stand, two Stadium Riser sets, and two Adjustable Pillar sets from IronWing. I haven't gotten into the other stuff yet, so for this review we're concentrating on the Stadium Risers.
Image: A long, narrow rectangular cardboard box on a wood-textured surface.
On the top of the box, centered, is a logo with stylized wings and the text:“IRON WING
COLLECTABLES”
On the right side of the box is a white barcode label. Under the barcode, very small text reads: “shelf”. The box ends are closed and slightly crumpled.
[
First Impression: Holy Shit, These Things Are Heavy
When I went to pick up the package, it felt like I was grabbing a piece of IKEA furniture rather than a couple of display stands for action figures. These aren't those flimsy little plastic risers you pick up for ten bucks and immediately wonder if they're going to collapse under the weight of a particularly chunky Marvel character.
Image: A close-up of one end of a plain rectangular cardboard box on a wooden surface, showing slightly crumpled corners and a hand holding the box.
[
]
The Stadium Riser comes with five long acrylic panels along with a whole pile of connecting pieces and hardware. Once assembled, you're looking at a five-level riser that's roughly a foot wide, a foot deep and about a foot tall.
And when you consider what you're getting for the money, that's where this thing starts to become pretty damn impressive. The Stadium Riser and Adjustable Pillar sets are around $35 each, while the Octopus set is around $55. And according to IronWing, shipping is free worldwide. For something this size, with this much material and this much hardware, roughly thirty-five bucks is cheap as hell.
Image: Several clear rectangular acrylic panels with small corner holes lie arranged on a worn wood-patterned tabletop, forming a stepped layout, with a cardboard box partially visible.
[
]
Assembly: Easier the Second Time Around, or, if you were sighted :)
Now, here's where things get interesting and, a tad frustrating for me. IronWing includes a screwdriver with the kit, which I thought was a nice little touch. You've got the acrylic panels, the connectors, the hardware, the support pieces and spare parts, so everything you need to actually put the damn thing together is in the box. The problem is that I'm blind, and I couldn't read the included instruction sheet; so my first Stadium Riser took me over two hours to assemble.
Now before somebody starts laughing and saying, "Well, Johnny, maybe you're just shit at putting furniture together," let me stop you right there. Once I figured out what the hell I was doing, the second one took me about 24 minutes, and that's while I was filming the process.
So yeah, the first one was definitely a learning experience. Once I had the construction sequence figured out, the actual assembly isn't particularly difficult, but still a tad tedious
I also know IronWing describes these as modular and configurable, and I've seen people mention that you can arrange the components in different configurations or combine multiple kits. Personally, though, I haven't experimented enough with that to say exactly how much flexibility there really is. Considering you only have 6 "foot" pieces in a set, and there's only a certain ways the pieces connect, I remain doubtful. Maybe I'm just too damn square and set in my ways, LOL.
I've assembled mine in the configuration that makes sense to me, and so far that's the only configuration I've personally used.
Image: A red plastic tray with several compartments of small orange metal pegs and silver clips on a wood-patterned surface, with long thin clear acrylic rods placed above.
[
]
Five Levels of Display Space
Once you've got it assembled, you've basically created a little five-tiered stadium for your action figures, and that's really the whole point. Instead of putting three or four figures in a straight row and having the ones in the back disappear behind everybody else, you've got progressively raised levels so you can actually see more of your collection- that's especially useful for photography.
There's plenty of space underneath and behind the different levels, which means if you've got LED light bases or other lighting equipment, you can tuck them underneath or behind the figures, and that gives you a lot more flexibility when you're taking pictures.
And considering how often I photograph my figures for reviews, that's actually one of the things I like most about this system. It's not just a permanent display shelf. I can see myself pulling these things out regularly for photography and using them as part of different setups.
Image: A crowded display shelf holding colorful articulated action figures, mainly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters in dynamic poses, arranged among clear acrylic risers, DVDs, books, and accessories.
[
]
That also makes the anniversary-gift thing work perfectly for me. Every time I use these for a photo shoot, I'm going to remember that Desi gave me the money to get them. That's a hell of a lot more memorable than trying to remember which one of the fifty random action figures I bought that year was supposed to be the special one.
But Here's the Catch...
These things are fucking big, and that's something you really need to keep in mind before buying them. Once assembled, the Stadium Riser is roughly a foot in every direction. That's not enormous in the grand scheme of furniture, but when you're talking about display cabinets and shelves, a foot is actually pretty damn substantial.
Of all the shelves and cabinets I have around here, only a couple could really accommodate one of these properly. And even if you've got a shelf wide and deep enough, you've got another problem: height. Remember, the riser itself is already about a foot tall, so if you've got a six-inch action figure standing on one of the upper levels, you're going to need another six or seven inches of clearance above that figure. In other words, you're probably going to be using two vertical levels of your display cabinet just to accommodate the riser and the figures sitting on it.
Image: Wooden shelving unit densely packed with colorful action figures, mainly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles heroes and villains, posed around clear acrylic risers, DVDs, boxes, and accessories.
[
]
That's something I'd definitely consider before buying a bunch of these. They're fantastic if you've got the space. If you're working with a cramped display cabinet, however, you might find yourself doing a lot of measuring and muttering under your breath.
Could You Use Fewer Levels?
One thing I wondered about was whether you could simply build a shorter three-tier version instead of using all five levels. Technically, maybe.
The problem is that the kit doesn't seem to be designed around that particular configuration, because you don't have enough of the foot/support pieces left over to simply build another complete riser out of the remaining panels; at least not if you want to retain the rubberized feet and the proper support system. So while the modular nature of the system gives you some flexibility, I wouldn't buy one of these expecting to freely divide it into several smaller independent risers- that's not really what this particular kit is designed to do. (There again, if you don't care about the rubber "feet" pieces, then you can totally get 5 separate risers out of this.)
Image: A sheet of printed assembly instructions on a wooden surface shows diagrams of multiple clear tiered shelves, labeled acrylic rods, connectors, washers, screws, and end pieces.
[
]
A Couple Things I Would Have Loved to See
There are a few additions that I think could have made these even more useful, particularly for people like me who use their collection for photography. For starters, I'd love to see some sort of clips or clamps included so you could attach a backdrop directly to the riser. That would turn this from simply being a display stand into much more of a photography platform.
I'd also love to see pre-drilled holes and foot pegs for action figures. That would make it much easier to securely position figures for photography, especially when you're dealing with dynamic poses, and considering how slippery acrylic is to begin with.
Those aren't deal-breakers for me. They're more like, "Hey, IronWing, if you're listening, here's where you could take this thing next." Because the basic platform is already damn useful.
So, Is It Worth It?
Yeah. For me, absolutely.
The IronWing Stadium Riser gives you a lot of physical material, a substantial amount of display space, five levels of elevation, plenty of room for lighting and a pretty damn solid construction for roughly thirty-five bucks. That's cheaper than alot of Marvel Legends these days (yeah, we live in expensive time).
The biggest issue isn't the price or the construction, but space. If you've got a cabinet or shelf large enough to accommodate a roughly one-foot cube plus the height of your figures, these things can dramatically improve the way your collection is displayed.
And for photography, I think they're particularly useful. I can already see myself using these over and over again for figure reviews, promotional shots and general collection photography. That's exactly the sort of purchase I was looking for when I decided not to spend Desi's anniversary money on yet another pile of action figures.
There are some minor imperfections. I've seen people mention alignment and manufacturing tolerance issues, and because the system is assembled from a bunch of individual pieces, I can certainly understand how getting everything perfectly aligned could be a little fiddly. I haven't personally had a major problem that would make me consider the product poorly made, but it's worth mentioning for anybody expecting absolute precision.
For me, though, the combination of price, size, versatility and sheer usefulness makes this a very worthwhile little piece of collector equipment. And the fact that IronWing includes the screwdriver and spare parts, while offering free worldwide shipping, makes the value proposition even better.
I've got a thousand-plus action figures fighting for shelf space around here. Anything that can help me display more of them without simply buying another giant cabinet has my attention. And anything that can make my photography better at the same time? Yeah, I'm all-in.
The IronWing Stadium Riser isn't the sexiest thing I've ever bought for my collection. It's not going to make me forget about the latest Four Horsemen monster or some enormous expensive figure from 5K Toys. But it doesn't need to- it's a practical piece of collector equipment that does exactly what it's supposed to do, and it does it without costing a fortune. And considering that this particular set is going to remind me of Desi every time I use it, I'd say I ended up with exactly the kind of anniversary gift I was looking for.
Now I've just got to figure out where the hell I'm going to put the other one LOL.
---
**IronWing Collectables Stadium Riser**
**Price:** Approximately $35
**Construction:** Acrylic modular display system
**Levels:** 5
**Approximate assembled size:** 1 foot wide × 1 foot deep × 1 foot tall
**Includes:** Acrylic panels, connectors/hardware, screwdriver and spare parts
**Shipping:** Free worldwide, according to the product information reviewed
**IronWing Collectables:** [https://www.ironwingcollectables.shop/](https://www.ironwingcollectables.shop/)
For more of my action figure reviews, artwork, tactile art projects and general Johnny Tiger insanity, check out **tigertactile.com**, **johnnytiger.com**, and **johnnytigerexperience.blogspot.com**.
#ActionFigures #ActionFigureCollection #ActionFigureDisplay #ActionFigurePhotography #FigurePhotography #ToyPhotography #Collectors #ToyCollector #ActionFigureCollector #IronWingCollectables #StadiumRiser #DisplayRiser #FigureDisplay #ToyDisplay #Collectibles #CollectorGear #ToyReview #ActionFigureReview #JohnnyTiger #JohnnyTigerExperience #TigerTactile
Comments
Post a Comment